For much of my life I lived in a self-imposed isolation where I looked on at community as an outsider, wishing I were a part of it. I didn’t have the awareness that I was the creator of my isolation, nor that it was only my choices that led to the way I was living. I had a chip on my shoulder against the world and humanity, and whilst I still played ball, I did so from the fringes. I did what was needed to stay in the game but when my turn was over, I retreated to the sidelines.
But even while living this way, I craved engaging with people. I would look at others and think how lucky they were for having the dinner invites, social activity and community events they were a part of. With my arms crossed and a harsh glare, I wanted to be a part of it all and was annoyed I wasn’t.
Five years ago I began having sessions with esoteric practitioners and reading Serge Benhayon’s purple books. Gradually I began attending workshops presented by Serge and now I am a committed esoteric student of The Way of The Livingness.
Today, if I take a snapshot of my life in my community, here is what I see:
- A home that has a regular flow of people – other people’s kids here sometimes before school, sometimes after; friends over for dinner and popping in
- A gorgeous housemate who co-parents with me
- A workplace that is an extension of my home and where my workmates are part of my family
- Fortnightly Sacred Movement classes where I pair up with a friend, my hairdresser or a stranger and share deeply heartfelt movement and connection
- Supermarket shops where I know the butcher and we stop to say hello
- School parents who I love to have a catch up and laugh with at the bus stop
- Needing help with photography and calling a photographer friend whom I don’t know so well, but know through the community, and he gives me a huge amount of support and researches which camera will suit me best
- Endless support, be it with healing sessions and swaps, childcare, a friend to call, someone to edit a blog, someone to help with design work… it is endless.
This snippet paints a picture of the richness of our community.
And this community is not bound by geography – we’re global. The other day I had a quick Skype call with a woman I know in the community who lives in Germany, for some video training.
Within this global community we are all working for the same goal – to live on Earth the love we truly are. We’re not perfect at it, but we keep at it. With that same shared goal there is a deep level of trust with others as we know where the heart lies.
We are all there to support each other – in illness, in love, in disasters, in marriage, in pulling each other up to be more… whatever it is, we’ve got each other’s back.
This is the community of The Way of The Livingness. This is our religion and it is reflected in the way we live. It is what binds us together as a community. The door is open for all and you can come and leave as you choose.
The foundation of true community living can only be founded in Love and Truth and with that as a base –– Wow!
By Nikki McKee